Long time no talk, blog. You know what I learned? Having a house is a giant amount of work. All the extra things that I love to do seem to have taken a back seat through the moving, cleaning, arranging, cleaning, cooking, cleaning etc etc you get the point. Now the year is almost over and despite my good intentions I am still no closer to being a Pioneer Woman than I was at the beginning of 2009. So I have decided to let it go…that is my new motto for 2010. Just let it go. I have to stop dwelling on my mistakes and short-comings, and start looking at the future and where I want to be headed.
So, in that theme, I have been thinking about what I hope 2010 will hold for me and what I want to accomplish. Here is the list so far:
The small stuff (aka stuff that is quantifiable):
- Read 100 books (this was a goal in 2009 but currently I am only on #73)
- Finish my last 4 classes for my Master’s degree
- Run a 10k race in under an hour
- Learn to use my Canon properly, so I don’t have to rely on the automatic settings.
- Keep off the weight I lost in 2009
- Write in my blog at least once a month
The more abstract stuff:
- Be more patient with my dog. She is never going to be a robot dog – I need to love her for her stubborness and the trouble she causes.
- Stop wasting so much of my time. Be proactive in making a plan and sticking to it, both in my professional and personal lives.
- Slow down and enjoy what I have. Stop trying to force my life to move in fast-forward, I have it pretty great right now and I want to be able to appreciate the life I am living now
That is all I can think of for now. This year I have really seen the value in writing down your goals, it forces you to really think about what you want and how you can get there. I know myself enough that simply thinking “Oh, I should do this or that” won’t get me to do anything at all, I will just waste more time playing bejeweled.
So, here’s to 2010, I hope it is a great year for all of you.